I haven’t done a tag in a while and I saw this one floating around booktube so I decided to bring it to my blog! This tag involves answering questions about the first half of the year and the next upcoming half of the year!
1. What’s the best book you’ve read in 2017 so far?
Can I pretty please choose more than one? No? Okay. If I had to choose, it would be A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. I love all the books in this trilogy equally, but since this one is the finale to the trilogy, I chose it.
2. What was your favourite sequel so far?
Since I already chose a book from Shades of Magic for the first question, I’ll choose a different one. Shiny Broken Pieces by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton is my choice. Although I didn’t like this one quite as much as the first book, it was a very enjoyable sequel.
3. What’s a new release that you haven’t read yet but want to?
This is an easy answer. Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee. Almost all my friends have read this book and loved it. I’m so excited to read this, I just need to get my hands on a copy first.
4. What’s your most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
This is so hard to choose because I have 3 books in mind. I’m going to break the rules and add them all. Release by Patrick Ness, They Both Die At the End by Adam Silvera, and Dear Martin by Nic Stone.
5. What’s your biggest disappointment so far?
This book would unfortunately be Salt. by Nayyirah Waheed. It is a good book with very empowering poetry but it just wasn’t for me in the writing style department.
6. What was your biggest surprise so far?
Far From You by Tess Sharpe. Guys, I can’t even with this book. It is SO good. I picked it up just because a friend I trust told me to, and now it’s one of my favourite books. Bisexual, disabled teen girl with chronic pain that is recovering from a drug addiction! Did I mention that it’s a double murder mystery?!
7. Favourite debut or new to you author?
For this one I’m choosing If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. I’m not sure if Meredith is a debut author, I don’t think she is. But, she is new to me! I liked this book a lot. Definitely an important book. It’s also super quick and entertaining! Highly recommend it.
8. Who’s your new fictional crush?
This one is easy. I adore Kell from the Shades of Magic trilogy. Although I picture myself as being friends with him and nothing more, he’s awesome and I love my small bean.
9. Who’s your new favourite character?
Since I’ve already mentioned Shades of Magic twice, I’m going to restrict myself and choose a character from a different book. I adore Starr from The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Through most of the book I just wanted to hug her I loved her so much.
10. What book has made you cry?
None? I’m not a crier. OOPS.
11. What book has made you happy?
DEFINITELY The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. There’s no reasoning needed. Just, read it.
12. Favourite book to movie adaptation so far this year?
I haven’t seen any book to movie adaptations this year so I unfortunately can’t answer this one either.
13. Favourite review you’ve written so far this year?
This is literally the only review I’ve written this year, but here’s the link: Review of Far From You by Tess Sharpe.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year?
15. What are some books you really want to read in the last half of the year?
- When The Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
That’s the end of this tag! I hope you enjoyed reading!
And anyone else who wants to do it!
Thanks for reading!